Thursday, April 28, 2005

on Divinity and Curiosity

I find myself more curious than I have ever been. I look at a squirrel and wonder what it is like to be a squirred...what does she think about? talk about? is she really mad at the other squirrel or are they playing? I see the trees dance in the wind and wish to be held tenderly by it as well.

There are parts of me that I've ignored, or not given sufficient energy to in the past few years of my life. After surgery, I feel as if an old crusty layer has been taken off of me, and I can truly see and hear for the first time. I feel a little incomplete, because I have not developed some gifts that I've been given. These gifts allow me to connect to other people on a day to day basis. A new batch of messages from Orion arrived (if you wish to suscribe leave me a comment), and I connected with the following passage:

On a smaller scale, each of you can affect a change and inspire those around you. You can breathe hope and love into a world controlled by grade and greed—by following the tenets of your own beliefs and in your own way, placing DIVINE above mundane, placing spiritual growth at the head of your list of goals rather than as a sideline, embracing love of the Divine above all else. There is no time like the present moment to consider your own evolution as the powerful tool it is. To change the world, change first yourself.


The idea of placing Divine above mundane is incredibly powerful for me. Just thinking about it elevates every part of my being to a new level...I feel my cells jumping at the chance.

I've decided to utilize my every action to become closer to the Divine. Normally, I would beat myself up for watching certain tv shows, or some such thing. The other night I decided to ask myself what it was about that particular show that made me 'happy', what did I get out of watching it? Through this process I discovered a Divine secret, one that is not a secret at all, but a universal truth that was not obtained through fasting and prayer but rather self-inquiry.

I need to develop unshakable faith in the Divine, that it is truly powerful above all else. So far I feel like the only way to do this is to live in the Divine and give power to nothing else.

Blessings to You, Beloved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OM (not a spelling error, but a spirituality joke) COMMITMENT - I feel this same energy in my own life. There is no going back from here. Have you ever seen "The Big Blue". I appreciate this movie more as time goes by. I think you'd REALLY like it. In my opine-ion, it is one of the only movies I know that captures the essence of commitment.

akemi said...

i'm netflixing it :) will dutifully report asap. thanks!