Monday, April 25, 2005

all clear

I went to the oncologist today, and the all clear alarm sounded! my CT scan is clean, and my blood tests are back to normal (apart from slight anemia). yay! the Dr said that with the dysgerminoma that I had there was a 10-15% history of recurrence in the other ovary. So for the next five years there will be very frequent visits to his office. I go back for another CT in 2 months! yuck. that stuff I have to drink is not pleasant, but alas, it is for the good of this very hot bod ;D

I actually experienced boredom last night-a very good sign of recovery! as a result, I went to clinic at my school and partook of observing patient treatments. I was interested and engaging in conversation-all very good signs, I think. Class starts next week, and I think by then I'll feel even better.

I've been wearing my contacts for the past couple of days, and so have been able to see my eyes. They've changed. I've changed. A lot. I feel stronger, more secure and stable. My soul is much like Helen Keller's, who said "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." I'm going to start doing what I want to do: canoeing, kayaking, sleeping on the grass, talking to the squirrels I share the trees with. I can do more with my relationship with my father, and am excited about connecting with him on a deeper level. Day before yesterday he took me to a park and we walked for a few minutes, and sat down and looked at the trees. I felt good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did the all-clear alarm sound like?

akemi said...

lol