Sunday, April 24, 2005

you're someone's soul mate

I believe soul mates are an intrinsic part of our journey through life.

I don't agree with the 'historical' definition of soul mate--of that one magical person whom you shall meet and live happily ever after with-although that could be true(why not?). To me, a soul mate is a being that's incarnated on this earth, around the same time you have, and has part of the journey to share. That is, part of your journey, that exhilarating, indescribable light-filled journey, comes with magical companions!

Do we all find these glowing, nurturing beings? of course not! the majority of us are not anywhere near the path we said we were undertaking before we were born! Most of us choose security over passion. Our fear of chaos and loneliness, rejection and poverty overshadows that vibrant vision written in every cell and atom of our fierce being. Indeed, if everyone actually followed their heart without fear, without hesitation,don't you believe that the world would be transformed?

I've been blessed with the discovery of several soul mates. Their presence in my life remind me of how all relationships should be. I want the closeness, the comfort, the exhilaration and excitement of sharing with every being in creation.

No comments: