Monday, August 14, 2006

A different kind of smile

My body experienced actual happiness for the first time yesterday. I’ve since been quick to cry.

While practicing in my Chi Kung class, as I stood flowingly still and smiled from the heart I felt a strange warm sensation spread over the trunk of my body. I realized it was joy. My body was smiling! The sensation I experience in my Heart when it smiles has now spread to other vital organs.

This brings up all sorts of questions like:

Has my body never been happy before?

Is this what a healthy body should feel like?


I came to a new level of realization about my constant worry and anxiety. I know that I’m generally anxious, but now I have something to compare it to. Boy, what a difference.

I experienced a smiling body for about 10 seconds. It was long enough to change my life.

No comments: