Saturday, April 09, 2005

atoms and such

by: akemi

there is a tear
in the eye of perception
which looks longingly
at us happy Chaps.

"tsk, tsk, my dear," says Chap number one,
"there is nothing more perfect than
what you have now, and there is nothing
that you have now that isn't perfect."

"it's true!" I chime in. "look at me. The
plethora of surgeons in this life
have sliced meticulously here and there.
Nothing was taken away that wasn't in Mercy."

"Won't you see yourself as
I see you, my love?" says Chap number two.
"you are no tear! you are the culmination
of majestically directed hands creating
magic never even imagined
by that finicky, rainbow colored fairy land over
there."

a tear in perception is a blessing
in disguise, so well and meticulously
planned that it itself was taken by the play.

oh, won't you see the blessing with me?
it gets rather lonely at times, even with
the company of these friendly atoms,
those happy Chaps.

No comments: