Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Barely Logical

This is from astro.com, an astrology website, which gives information on the signs. The following is what it had to say about the sagittarius woman.
Never assume that all explorers, mountain-climbers and world travellers are male Sagittarians. The true female Centaur is as restless, as hungry for experience, as eager to explore the fascinating carnival of life as her male counterpart. This woman needs personal freedom to an extraordinary degree, and she's not famous either for her readiness to commit herself or for her enthusiasm about domestic responsibilities. She may be happier spending a lifetime without either. She's as likely to have a child out of wedlock and happily raise it as a travelling companion as she is to ensconce herself behind secure walls.

I DO need freedom to an extraordinary degree. Why do I always forget that? Why do I convince myself that I need to be the perpetual half of a couple. That I need to be dependent on my partner for my happiness? I see in my memory visions of my mother sobbing, chasing my father, begging him not to leave us. I remember her throwing up and making herself sick over it. I remember having to go after them. I remember going to the drugstore to get her Valerian Root, to try and get her to rest. Eh, I feel uncomfortable and scared right now. Is that the way I want to be? NO. The truth is I got mixed messages when I was growing up. I remember everyone, my mother included, telling me to do whatever I wanted to do, go wherever I wanted to go. I was FREE. Except my main role model wasn’t. She attached herself to both relationships she’s been in: my father and my stepfather, and I guess either didn’t think she could make it on her own, or thought it would be better for her children to have the male in their lives. I won’t pretend to know what the right answer was, but I feel that conflict inside me. I am Akemi, beautiful, strong, Akemi. I can do whatever I want. However, in the past, he second I found a potential partner, a part of me latched on, fearful of them leaving. While in the relationship I get scared, and uncomfortable. Then we break up, and I feel good, and free. I just need to realize:
I NEED PERSONAL FREEDOM TO AN EXTRAORDINARY DEGREE. IT IS SIMPLY PART OF WHO I AM. NO SHAME ABOUT IT! JUST ENJOY MY FREEDOM.
Don't try to possess her. And don't tell her to do something. Ask. Nicely. The dramatic exit and the slammed door aren't just for effect. She probably already bought her flight tickets weeks before. Sagittarian women need to communicate, and they need to be listened to. If you're after the quiet, docile type, forget it. Many Sagittarian women are great talkers. Some go on too long and become bores. But more likely she'll be fascinating and inspiring. She's a conversational animal who needs an interested, communicative partner. Most important, she needs to be in love. Without a belief in love, her spirit will wilt.

I love the first line of that paragraph. It is so true. Unfortunately it took my mom about 18-19 years to figure that out. Once she did that, I generally had no problem doing whatever it was she wanted me to do. Generally other’s people drama doesn’t impress me, it just causes a lot of eye-rolling and muttering about immaturity and being annoyed. My drama however, is a truly important expression of feelings. Ha.
She also has a strong sense of fun and humour. Tact may not be in abundant supply. Don't expect diplomatic flattery. More likely she'll deliver a verbal punch between the eyes, not because she's cruel, but because she has a tendency to speak before she thinks and doesn't register in time that you've collapsed on the floor. She's usually right, too, which can be infuriating. She may not be strong on logic, but her sharp intuition sees right through posturing and hypocrisy.

I have noticed this part of myself with some close friends of mine, and family. I do feel myself be a little mean. Especially when I haven’t eaten anything recently. Thankfully some of my friends realize this and start to feed me. The logic thing....totally true. I’m not the most logical person on the planet, not even close. I’m barely logical at times. I strongly dislike posturing and hypocrisy. DO NOT do this around me because I’ll just get really annoyed. I’ll try not to be mean, though. Good luck.
The Sagittarius woman is in love with life itself. Life is to be lived, not nailed down, and although she's likely to take quite a few romantic knocks (not least because her independence and craving for freedom may drive away a few frightened partners), she never loses her faith in the future. This woman is an optimist, and a believer in life's fundamental goodness and meaning. Sagittarian faith is infectious. But unlike most infectious things, it isn't harmful. Quite the opposite: it enriches life.

This last paragraph fits me to a T. Can’t say anything more. I Love Life! Love it! All parts of it. The easy parts, the hard parts, the highs, the lows, the ins and outs. Dances and fights, making love and working hard. Everything. Why? I’m alive. That’s enough reason for me.

No comments: