Monday, July 11, 2005

living by a code

i've determined that each individual has her own honor code. Something that is born inside of them, and later influenced by their family and culture. I've noticed throughout my life that whenever I do certain things, my solar plexus hurts, or I feel slightly uncomfortable. I used to shove that feeling aside and keep going. I figured out that the feeling was my energy telling me that I didn't really want to be doing or thinking that. It did not feel right to keep spending my own energy to do something that I deeply did not want to do. Why do we do this?

We don't listen.

Everything we need to know is inside of us. But for whatever reason, we're not attuned. Let me tell you, once you're ready to tune in, you'll get all the help you need. But it is WORK. It takes constant attunement and reflection. My body gives me hundreds of messages within a short period of time, and I am only now learning how to decipher them. A part of me had been thinking that it is selfish to spend so much time on myself, until I figured out that by knowing what my honor code is, I can live my honor code. This is my service to my brothers and sisters. Do unto others, and all that jazz.

All I can tell you is, so far, life is good.

No comments: