Monday, January 02, 2006

Rahman--On Compassion

I vividly felt a lack of compassion within myself yesterday. I really
was in complete apathy over someone who was possibly in pain because
of things I was not doing. Today I was on the phone with someone and
displayed no compassion at all over their suffering. I arrived at
this conclusion when I mentally went over my actions over the past day
to see if I have stayed within the boundaries dharma, or correct
action. While I had technically not commited any incorrect action, I
did fail to manifest one of the most revered Divine qualities known to
all realms.

How to work on this? Awareness. Today I made an effort with the
individual I failed to connect with yesterday. I will rectify my
mistake in the phone conversation tomorrow. I plan on chanting arab
wasifas (ya rahman) and following the example of Ascended Master Kwan
Yin.

I am working in a healing modality. It is vital to my development as a
human to become a fountain of Divine Compassion. I have certainly
experienced enough to know what it feels like.

I am not incompassionate with those I respect. Only people I perceive
as weak. It makes me sad to realize this, but happy that I have
realized it. Existence is a double-edged sword.

No comments: