Sunday, December 25, 2005

state of Being

I've been trying something new. You know how there are a lot of
teachers out there who encourage the 'observe your mind', or 'stop
thinking' approach? Well they're totally right on, but I've found my
way of achieving that state. I become aware of the parts that compose
my Being on this plane. Not just my mind, that energetic center
somewhere above my nose and below my eyebrows. Not the body I feel
when I do Qi Kung or meditate. I allow my awareness to relax, sort of
like softly unfocusing my conciousness and sink into myself. I feel
myself as a tube all the way around my body, above and below. It feels
like there are cells, concious...breathing. They seem like centers of
energy that filter or manifest, depending on what's going on.

Yesterday I tried praying with my whole Being. That is, rather than
praying with my 'mind' and 'heart center', I directed all those
'cells' to say the prayer with me. To manifest that prayer. I have
never felt energy more strongly...more concretely.

I'm sure this is a bare glimpse of what we're capable of attaining,
but I am grateful for it. I am slowly becoming aware of my thought
patterns again...I start having conversations or arguments with loved
ones in my mind, get a headache or become uncomfortable. Then I
'unfocus', relax and sink into my Self.

Merry Christmas. May the Love Light always shine in your life.

No comments: