Wednesday, September 14, 2005

News Flash

Today I found out that the National Certification of Acupuncture Commission is sponsoring a program called Acupuncturists Without Borders, specifically created to aid hurricane katrina's affected, both refugees and aid personnel. I got goosebumps as I saw the flyer in my College's Administration Office. Of course, as I am a senior student and not licensed I'm guessing I cannot rush over there and start treating people, but it has been my dream to do something like Doctors Without Borders upon graduation. Who knows, perhaps I can go down there and assist acupuncturists.

Life is, as always, crazy right now, except it's crazy in a more material way. I am looking to rent a house 2 blocks away from my school and I am so excited. I am praying for the perfect roommates, solid, loving, grounded, spiritual people who are meant to share part of my journey. God's Will be done. The great thing is, that we could have club meetings, student government meetings, happy hour (featuring cake!) and group naps right across the street from school! I am so excited. I know, I've said that a few times, but I can't help but be excited at the myriad of experiences life in a dense body provides us.

I truly feel that we are spiritual beings learning to live a physical life. How else could we experience fear and grace? How could we learn compassion, truly, unless we, too, have lived through the discomfort of a physical world? In our true home, the realm of Ultimate Being, there is no fear. No Discomfort. No pain. No Hopelessness. There is only Light. And out of that light shines an everlasting Love that reaches every dimension that ever was and ever will be.

Until we meet again,

May the prescence of God be upon you.

No comments: